DVB-T (Digital Video Broadcasting – Terrestrial) Digital Televisionis a European standard digital television broadcasting service. The advantage of this method is that the image is sharp, has depth, completely eliminates noise and ghost free (ghost free) that is the disadvantage of conventional analog television, eliminates the harmful effects of reflected waves. radiation, not affected by noise emitted by computers, electric motors, thunder...
Terrestrial digital television has the ability to receive fixed or portable, mobile reception on public transport such as cars, trains. Normally, to use this technology, the signal will be transmitted over the radio using broadcast antennas and users need a receiving antenna with a digital receiver (Set top box) to decode and convert the signal. brand or TV with built-in DVB-T/T2 decoder.
This technology is applied by SCTV to transmit over the coaxial cable network to provide to customers.
· Availability and universality: Due to its early deployment, HFC coaxial cable network infrastructure has covered most of the provinces and cities across the national territory and has The number of users is superior to other types of television, coax cable from the network infrastructure to the socket of the customer's TV without having to spend on transceivers.
· Stable quality: Less affected by the surrounding environment, the signal transmission in HFC cable network infrastructure has a much superior quality compared to transmission in the air, ensuring TV channel quality meets the needs of users.
· Broadband: Because of the large frequency fund in HFC infrastructure and wideband data transmission, the number of channels can be up to several hundred channels with Full HD, 4K, 8K quality,... Broadcasting DVB-T2 into the HFC coaxial cable network saves a lot of radio frequencies and bandwidth for the country.
· Economic efficiency: For businesses that own HFC coaxial network infrastructure, the initial investment cost for DVB-T2 broadcasting is quite low, which can be fully utilized. systems are in place to do this.
Therefore, SCTV applies this technology to develop the service of providing DVB-T/T2 digital TV channels via SCTV's coaxial cable network infrastructure to provide households or customers with The hotel uses a TV with a built-in DVB-T/T2 decoder. Expected to broadcast about 80 channels on 10 frequencies.
DVB-T2 broadcasting plan in provinces/cities of SCTV:
- Đối với các khu vực không phát analog, chỉ phát truyền hình KTS DVB-C như Lâm Đồng, Đà Nẵng, Đắc Lak:
- For areas that do not broadcast analog, only DVB-C digital television broadcast available such as Lam Dong, Da Nang, Dak Lak:
+ SCTV will broadcast DVB-T/T2 digital channels instead of analog channels.
+ Households or hotels must use TVs with built-in DVB-T/T2 decoder.
- For analog broadcasting areas, DVB-C digital TH and Docsis Internet such as HCMC, Phu Quoc:
+ SCTV will broadcast DVB-T/T2 channels exclusively for hotels by:
· Provide fiber optic cable to transmit the DVB-T/T2 multiplexed MPTS stream to the hotel and place the DVB-T/T2 modulator at the hotel. · Provide optical cable to transmit the DVB-T/T2 RF stream to the hotel using optical transmitters and receivers.
+ Hotels must use TVs with built-in DVB-T/T2 decoder.